Things I love about a small town:
1. People say hi to you on the street
2. People wave at you when you meet them on highway 69, if you know them or not.
3. People are super supportive. Help is available if you can ask for it (and sometimes if you don't)
4. My monthly book club meeting.
5. My parents and sister and her family are here.
6. Occasionally, an old friend comes back to visit...that's fun.
7. You don't spend that much on gas, because you only drive within a five mile radius.
What I miss about the city:
1. You can go to the grocery store in pjs and with bad hair and no makeup. Chances are you won't see anyone you know.
2. Shopping for said groceries at 3 am.
3. Cultural events. Cinco De Mayo, the Theater, the Symphony
4. Pro basketball.
5. Pro anything.
6. More resources for children.
7. Spending a billion dollars on gas because you drive 30 miles to work and still haven't left the city. (sense the tone)
The small town has given us what we needed now...why do I miss the city so much???
The Perils of Pegboarding
4 years ago